for Those Embarking on BHS Stage I and II, College Starters and Duke of Edinburgh Awards (with optional FUN!!)
Run by our BHS Intermediate Teacher and friendly team, this training week is designed to give students a leg up when starting out in their Equine based career, or just for those wanting the experience.
It covers most aspects of the practical sections of the BHS Stages I and II, giving new College students an insight into their given subject and those looking to take Equine based exams a chance to practice.
This week also satisfies the requirements of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards with booklets being signed at the end of the week.
Whether you want to improve your riding, stable management or just to spend time on a horse, with our friendly, experienced staff and the wide selection of happy, reliable horses and ponies,
We can split groups according to riding level, to enjoy faster riding for those who want, as well as a relaxed fun holiday.
Itinerary for your holiday.
- Sunday – Arrival between 2 – 3pm. Meet the team and fellow riders. Practical stable management session covering basic handling, grooming, tacking up and tack safety. Assessment riding lesson.
- In the evening a field walk to meet the rest of our horses and a look at horse psychology. Many of our horses are homebred and all live naturally as a mixed herd.
- Monday – Flat lesson to improve rider position. Hacking to include ‘The Country Code’, riding on the highway and up and downhill. Practical stable management to include catching/turning out horses, tack fitting consisting of boots, martingales and breast-plates
- Tuesday - Jumping/pole work lesson. ‘Riding and Roadcraft’ and cantering in open spaces. Stable management to practice putting on rugs and bandages of various types.
- Wednesday – Trail Ride with overnight camping. 5 hours riding with lunch stop, finish at our camping field. Stable management to consist of care of the horse after medium/hard work and horse health.The Duke of Edinburgh group will also cover the ‘setting up camp’ section of their award. BBQ tea and campfire. Fun quiz on grassland management
- Thursday – Second day of the trail ride, exploring a different route home. Stable management on care of the horse, care of tack and equipment, to include tack cleaning.
- Friday – Stable management to practice trimming, pulling manes and plaiting. Today the riding is a fun day of Tack & turnout, equitation, horseball, gymkhana games.
The riding is varied and any road work is done along quiet country lanes.
To give you a riding holiday you won’t forget. To give you the company of other young people, who have the same interests.
To learn more about horses and gain confidence but at the same time have
FUN every day!
When booking the more you tell us about your riding experience the better, then we can plan ahead to pick which horses will suit you best.
Fantastic holiday, combining riding lessons, hacking, trail riding and horse care.
¥ Stunning scenery and countryside on our doorstep waiting to be explored Safe and relaxed environment.
¥ Friendly, experienced staff that are qualified first aiders and have a range of equine qualifications.
¥ Comfy 4* accommodation Home cooked food.
¥ Fit, sensible but fun selection of horses and ponies
¥ Hot tub to chill out in with friends after a long day riding.
¥ Feel at home with the relaxed family Atmosphere
¥ Gain confidence and knowledge through the tuition of our experienced staff and our well-schooled horses
¥ The opportunity to explore some of the most beautiful countryside in North Wales on fit, reliable horses that are just as much part of the family as you will be.
¥ Be left wanting to book up for next year!
We are proud of our lovely horses and ponies, which are picked because they have kind personalities, enjoy human company, for being fun to ride, and enjoy their life at Springhill.
Many have been with us for many years, lots have been born here and some have off spring of their own, which live and work alongside them.
Dates for 2019
- 26th May to the 31st May
- 7th July to 12th July
- 14th July to 19th July.
- 26h August to 31st August
Price including the trail ride £590
2018 Brochures are now out they can be downloaded here
Please ring us to discuss any questions you have and we will be happy to answer them.
ring 01691 718406 for more details and to book
You will need to bring
- Riding clothes, (Hats and boots can be supplied if needed)
- Personal clothes, including something warm and waterproof, wellies are good for bathing ponies!
- Toiletries and towels
- Swimsuit for the hot tub
- Sleeping bag if you have one, we have spares, and an overnight bag for the camping.
- We can wash clothes if needed, so no need to bring too much.
NB. Please leave jewellery at home, as it must be removed for riding. We are strictly no smoking.
The directions from our web site are the best way to find us. Beware of satnav etc.
In order that we can provide the best possible experience, sometimes the schedule will be changed from that advertised.